Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas and New Year

I was waiting for Dave to write a blog, but I have a few minutes and writing seemed relaxing. I'll let him write the next one! :)

Dave and I had a great Christmas, despite the limitations of the snow. We spent Christmas Eve at my mom's, enjoying some Rock Band with my brothers. There was a very nice candlelight service at church. I think Ryan and Josh really liked Catan - I hear that they keep playing it! I got some fun turquoise luggage I wanted, and lots of other nice things, too.


Christmas morning we spent apart - Dave with his family and me with mine. Mid-day Dave picked me up and drove me to Magnolia, where we celebrated with his extended family. We had a delicious dinner and opened some presents. It was really nice to spend time with each other's families and to share our traditions.

The day after Christmas Dave and I went to Salish Lodge, and enjoyed an amazing dinner. In addition to delicious and beautiful displayed food, we had our own private nook with a big window. There was too much fog for a clear view to the falls, but nonetheless it was beautiful.

The next day we tried to go skiing, but it started raining when we were on the way up. After trying one run we decided to go home (we feel very lucky to have season passes, so we didn't miss out on a day's ticket).

Both of us worked between Christmas and New Year, but we went to a very fun 70s party at Shon and Joelle's on New Year's Eve. We had some pretty great outfits! We were glad to have Jonathan come along - he was really feelin' the theme!



We took off January 2nd to allow for another long weekend. That Saturday we were happy to host my mom and Len and Dave's mom and dad for dinner. Dave and I made an apple walnut salad, gorgonzola honey bites, honey mustard chicken (and fake chicken), and molten chocolate lava cakes. It was delicious and I actually had fun cooking!

Since then we've been trying to get back into the groove of work. Last weekend Jonathan and his girlfriend Kaity came over to visit. Dave invested in his own Rock Band set, so we played that with them (and then for several hours on Sunday). Yesterday Dave was dealing with a bug (i.e. computer programming issue) at work, and we were laughing about how every time he says that I think of a living bug (i.e. a beetle). Shows how different our jobs are!

Now it's time for soccer, so I should wrap things up. We're definitely keeping busy, but things are going well for both of us. Chris and Tina are coming soon with the kids, and I can't wait to see all our other family and friends sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment