Several exciting things are on the horizon for Dave and I.
We found out on Friday that we were assigned a garden plot at Marymoor Park - yay! We've been trying to get a P-Patch, basically a space in a community garden, but they generally have a long waiting list. Our plot is 10' x 40' so we have lots of space to work with! We've purchased some seeds for starts, and we're planning out the garden. We should be able to grow a lot, assuming we figure out what we're doing and don't kill everything...
In March Dave and I are taking a vacation and heading to Mazatlan! We found a great deal using miles for free tickets and staying in cheap places where we can cook our own food. We're excited to get a break before my busy spring season at work, and we're both in serious need of some sun! Look forward to some nice pictures and posts after the trip (March 7 - 14).
On Sunday we made an attempt at our first bike ride of the season. It was my first time back in the saddle since Washington, D.C.! Unfortunately it was FREEZING and we only made it about a mile, but I figure just getting out there again is a big step, and we'll be ready once things warm up. :)
This year we've decide to train for triathlons. My friends Dana and Brianne are triathletes and participated in the Danskin in 2007. They invited me to participate along with some of Dana's friends from church, and I just tonight decided to do it. The Danskin is all women, so I'm really excited for the community experience. Dave and I will both train for the Kirkland Triathlon on my birthday (September 20, 2009). So what does it mean to do a triathlon? The Danskin is a 1/2 mile swim, 12 miles of biking, and a 5k (3.1 mile) run. Biking 12 miles is super easy for me at this point (I was doing 60-70 miles in a day last year). I know that I can run a 5k. So, my challenge is learning to swim...better. Dave is an experienced swimmer, so he's planning to teach me. I'm not looking forward to him seeing how bad I am...
In other new, we saw the ballet on Saturday. Jewels at Pacific Northwest Ballet is a great show - I highly recommend it!
I think that's it for now. Keep an eye out for stories of our adventures learning to garden and swim!
No comments:
Post a Comment