Happy holidays, family and friends!
As you've heard, it's been a busy time for Dave and I.
I'm happy to say that I completed my first quarter of grad school. Midterms and finals melded into one solid month of stress, but overall I think it went well. I absolutely love my Education classes, and I'm excited about my new position in Admissions. It will be sad to leave the park, but this position will help me pay for school and allow me to spend more time on campus. I don't know what I'll be doing spring quarter yet, but I'm confident things will work out.
After taking a quarter off from wedding planning to focus on school, I'm enjoying thinking about it again. More to come on those things soon...
Dave's been keeping busy, too. Besides taking care of me during this stressful time, he created a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner at his parents' house. Rick, Dave, and Jonathan were in charge of the "feast," and managed to serve vegetarians and turkey-lovers alike. Lately he's been doing a lot of programming, and taking some time outs for gaming with the guys.
We've also been enjoying the holiday season. Our friends posted some great photos: girls' sleepover, getting the Christmas tree, a cookie exchange, and making an amazing Christmas ornament.
The presents are almost all wrapped, Dave's stocking is filled (and he says mine will be soon, too), the advent house's doors are being opened, and we can't wait to see our families for a several day extravaganza of festiveness. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Very exciting! Can't wait for more wedding-y things. :)
ReplyDelete