Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4 months to "I do!", and updates on us

Today marks 4 months to the wedding day.  Dave and I were talking about it this morning, and we weren't quite sure how to respond.  Of course we are very excited to finally get married, but we also feel overwhelmed with all the things that still need to get done!  Like writing blog posts more frequently than once a month...oops.

So what's been going on?  Here's a summary:

The two of us
- At the end of March Dave and I participated in another triathlon.  It was mostly indoor and timed instead of distance-based, so we did very little to prepare!  Still, we finished, and we had fun with our wave of just us and friends. :)
- Our refrigerator is dying.  Actually it died, then kind of came back, then died again.  We learned that cabinet-depth (smaller) costs MORE.  Something we found very frustrating.  So, we've been borrowing my brother's future college dorm fridge.  Today thanks to Dave and Carol we found a good deal on a new fridge, and it will arrive on Friday (hooray!).

Dave
- Just over a week ago we celebrated Dave's birthday!  We had a full day celebration, starting with a trip to the Science Fiction Museum with Dave's family, then snacks at the Seattle Center, dinner at a vegetarian restaurant, an IMAX film, and happy hour at the Melting Pot with friends.
- On Dave's birthday itself I took him to Cafe Flora, a delicious vegetarian restaurant in Seattle (where my shower will be held - woot to my friends and mom!).
- Dave's workload has picked up again, which he seems to be enjoying.  I have to get him to blog to tell you more. :)
- Dave has been doing a lot of biking, and plans to practice for the Issaquah Triathlon in June.  I think after that one I'm cutting him off until after the wedding...

Jackie
- In March I returned to teaching environmental education at Mercer Slough.  It's been wonderful to have time outside, and with kids!  I've been doing a lot of reflection on my teaching based on UW classes, too.  This summer I will work full-time leading summer camps, like I did a few years ago.  It's been so refreshing and inspirational to teach again.
- Spring Quarter started at the end of March.  I'm taking courses in Education Psychology, Science Education, and Community-Based Museums.  In addition, I am teaching a Pipeline seminar on Education for Sustainability for 12 students.
- Yesterday I presented a poster at a teaching symposium on campus, based on a course I was involved in last quarter.
- Just today I learned that I've been hired to TA the ENVIR 100 course in Winter 2011.  In addition to being a really fun course, this will cover my tuition for another quarter (yay!).
- It looks like I am on schedule to graduate in March next year!
- Last weekend I helped coordinate a lovely wedding for some friends I met through Dana.  I wanted to try my hand at day-of wedding coordination.  It was a wonderful experience, and gave me some ideas for our wedding.

Wedding!
- I've been going to dress fittings, and alterations will be done soon.
- All 3 bridesmaids have picked their dresses!
- We had our first cake tasting.  We'll be having two flavors for the main cake, plus small side cakes that are vegan and allergy-friendly.  Yum yum.
- Dave has been helping me with some of the wedding craft projects, like the napkin rings.  Isn't he sweet?
- My bachelorette party will be in May, and my shower in June.  We're celebrating early so everyone can be involved based on travel and pregnancy schedules. :)
- I've been judging the closeness of the wedding by the progress of matron of honor Dana's pregnancy!  The bigger the twins, the less time I have to plan and prepare.  Haha.  But, it does mean two VERY exciting events are getting closer.

By the way, Monday will be our 2 year dating anniversary, and our 1 year engagement anniversary (convenient, eh?).  More to come...and I'll try to do better on regular updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment