Wow, what an incredible weekend! Soon I hope to post about my little (though giant) brother Ryan's prom and graduation, which I was thrilled (and emotional) to experience. I also enjoyed a lovely bridal shower hosted by super bridesmaids Dana, Brianne, and Kendra (and my great MOM!).
This is a story to be told through pictures... (thanks to wonderful friend Joelle for taking the pics!)
The shower was at Cafe Flora, which of course meant the food was both vegetarian and delicious. I had the most amazing tiramisu french toast...yum. We also enjoyed beignets, fresh fruit, and some had scrambles or soup and salad. I had to photograph the french toast, though!
We also played some games, including one where everyone had to hold a paper on their forehead and try to draw me on my wedding day!
Dana cleverly made the shower holiday-themed, so I received a number of wonderful items I can use in the years to come, as well as some other useful things for the wedding itself and our home! Holidays included New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthdays, and our first anniversary (the paper anniversary - too cute!). Here are just a few...
(By the way, if you, like me, are thinking that those birdies are the CUTEST things you have ever seen in your life, don't fret - they will be featured at our cocktail hour for the wedding! And the pic right above it is of our ring pillow, which I am so excited about!)
Thank you so much, family and friends, for truly "showering" Dave and I as we start our lives as a married couple!
Of course, the greatest part of the day was being with so many of the important women in my life, including member of my family, Dave's family, and our friends.
Thank you for standing by me!
No comments:
Post a Comment