First, let me remind you about our wedding cake from The Radical Cupcake. I talked about the design here. Marisa is a college friend of mine, and she specializes in local, organic, and allergy-friendly baking. She was the clear choice to make our cake, and wow and we glad we picked her!
Our main cake had two flavors: lemon-raspberry pound cake with cream cheese filling and dark chocolate cake with chocolate-blackberry ganache. Drool. Because Marisa is wonderful and amazing, she also created side cakes which were a vegan version of the lemon cake, and a gluten-free, nut and bean-free version of the chocolate cake.
Here's something I never thought about until I was in the moment: figuring out HOW to cut the cake. Dave and I didn't know where the plates were, and I knew there was a serving plan, which for some stupid reason I let myself think about while trying to cut the cake. I guess we should have just cut off whatever we could and figured out how to grab enough to shove in each others' mouths. Oh well, it worked out in the end!
And the cake was delicious. If I do say so myself. :)
All photos by Brett Szemple of Our Wedding Photographer.





No comments:
Post a Comment