Monday, January 24, 2011

My camp

Many of you heard about the camp I wrote and taught in December for my Master's project (to graduate you do a thesis, more coursework/papers, exams, or a project).

While I can't show you the pictures of cute kiddos, I thought I'd share some pictures of the projects we did.  Note that I took my old camera, so sorry they aren't as crisp!

 Plant part puzzles

 Tissue paper flowers

 Build-a-Seed Challenge!  This one is like shotweed - you use the sandpaper to pop the balloon and the penny shoots off, like when you bump into shotweed in the garden and the seeds go flying.


Edible "greenhouses" - here you see a "cloche" style and a covered structure - yum.


Homemade chia pets - they sprout grass "hair"

 Terrariums!  Everyone made their very own terrarium using a recycled soda bottle

I know, don't you wish you were in elementary school and could go to camp and do these awesome projects?!?  I feel that way all the time...I guess that's why I like writing and teaching camps like this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment