Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This year Dave and I dyed our own Easter eggs.  Life was too crazy to make our own the last couple years, so it was really nice for us to take an hour together to have fun embracing an Easter tradition we both grew up with, and hope to continue.

Since it's just the two of us, we made 8 eggs (Dave likes hard boiled eggs a lot, but I couldn't justify more than 8).  In an interesting accidental twist (AKA my mistake), we experimented with how egg dyeing works on brown eggs.  The results were way better than I ever hoped for!  The colors have a depth and still-festive-but-less-pastel feeling that we love.

Here they are...


 I made this one for Dave

 Dave patiently created this tri-color egg, which is remarkably similar to Pacifico's coloring (we've decided this is his Easter egg - we're very nice people who make our fish an Easter egg).

 And two more...because we saw the snail sticker and decided to make two eggs in honor of our favorite twins.  The purple one is clearly for "Snailee," and the turtle made me think of Ethan.

Here's the other side.  We decided they earned the use of our "Brother" and "Sister" stickers.


Wishing you all a wonderful Easter, full of love, family, bunnies, and eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment