That meant Dave was in charge of 1) convincing me that I should walk and 2) getting me to the surprise party at Debe's. I don't think I made part 1 very easy for him, but Debe helped with part 2 by sending me sweet text messages of congratulations and asking about taking photos of me with her daughter (my honorary niece).
So, Dave and my dad joined me for the ceremony, which took place in the Quad on UW campus. It was a cool June morning, but we made it through rain-free.
| Walking up to shake hands and be handed a key chain. No joke. You'll be happy to know my real diploma came in the mail this week. |
| The gathered the full group of walking C&I Master's students. |
Afterward Dave talked me into swinging by to return a book to Debe and Rob. I found this odd, but was convinced because I wanted to say hi to Debe to thank her for being so thoughtful about graduation.
I don't think we took any photos at Debe and Rob's house, but it was a wonderful afternoon with many friends, barbecue, wine, and several adorable babies to play with. I'm a lucky girl, and graduate. Thanks Debe, Rob, Brianne, Danielle, Dana, Blake, Kendra, Jonathan, Kaity, and of course Dad and Dave!
No comments:
Post a Comment