I thought I'd take a minute before Thanksgiving and the switch to Christmas excitement to show off some of our fall decorations - especially since I get to show off the house as MOSTLY clean...a far too rare occurrence lately.
You see, back in June my friends and family helped me celebrated mine and Dave's upcoming wedding with a shower. And it was a holiday-themed shower, so I was honored to receive amazing decorations and treats for throughout the year. I couldn't let fall slip by entirely without showing my appreciation!
Technically this isn't a new wreath, but I just love this fall wreath - the first of 3 I've commissioned Brianne to make for me (thanks, friend!). :)
Carol gave us the adorable fall pumpkin signs, and these 4 pumpkins were grown in our garden!
Dave and I have collected quite the array of decorative squashes this fall. We bought some when we returned to Craven Farm for pumpkin patch fun in October, and received more in our new CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box.
Carol gave us this gorgeous soup tureen.
Aunt Jean C (my side) gave us this darling turkey, filled with napkins from Grandma Nancy and on top of a table runner from Carol.
We've moved our containers to our "balconette" as I lovingly call it. We're hoping if they are closer to home we can cover them as needed and get them through the winter.
While not specifically "fall," we just love the hand-carved plate Uncle David B gave us. It looks wonderful on the mantle next to Danielle's felt trees (technically a Christmas decoration, but I love them too much to put them away).
And I had to show off the stemless wine glasses Kaity etched for us! We've been using them to sip wine by the far lately...delightful.
Fall has truly flown by, but we enjoyed it - our first season of marriage!
No comments:
Post a Comment