Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our first anniversary, a little late






I'm warning you now: this is the one and only photo we took of our first anniversary celebration.  Oops.  So I'll try to be brief.

Dave and I wanted to do something special to celebrate our first year of marriage, but I failed at getting my act together and planning.  I had this grand idea that we'd talk Dana and Blake (who were married on August 20th, 4 years before us) into going halfsies with us on a hot air balloon ride.  I knew they wanted to in the past, and they start in Snohomish and often drift towards Woodinville (our two wedding locations) - perfect, right?  So we're hoping maybe that's how we'll celebrate for anniversary #2 (#6 for them!).

Instead we went the Priceline route and got a hotel room downtown for the night.  In the early afternoon we took the bus downtown, checked in, and went to Pike Place Market.  I promptly convinced Dave that it is perfectly acceptable to eat ice cream for lunch when it's your anniversary.  We continued down to the waterfront, and worked our way back up to the Seattle Central Library, since Dave had never been (What?!?!).

Afterwards we headed to our room to clean up, and discovered the bottle of wine and box of chocolates pictured above.  My mom saw Dave's Facebook status and called our hotel to have them send us an anniversary treat (Thanks, Mom and Len!).  We enjoyed lounging with wine and chocolate, and walked down to the Pink Door at the Market for a delicious dinner.  It was wonderful to just spend the evening relaxing, and looking out our 24th floor room window on the city.

The next morning we slept in, which was heavenly.  Then we went to a French bakery (again in the Market) for pain au chocolat, a croissant, and Americanos.  That breakfast was a major highlight for me, but I think Dave is happiest about the new head scratcher we found at Urban Outfitters on the way home.

It was wonderful to take a moment to pause and honor our marriage.  There aren't words to express how blessed I am to be married to a man like Dave, so I'll just say thank you - thank you, Dave, for choosing lil' ol' me.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Happy Anniversary to the two of you (a little late.) :)

    ReplyDelete