Friday, December 30, 2011

A new year

It's been a while.  I haven't had a lot to say...actually that's not true, I've had things to say, but I've been operating on the principle of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

It's been a tough year for me, and I think for Dave (dealing with me).  2011 was filled with an incredibly stressful final quarter of grad school, 2.5 months of un(der)employment, a challenging job situation, and an almost year long search for the right career position - which I'm proud and overjoyed to say I think I've now found.

While I can't say it was easy or that I handled it very well, I will say this: my work struggle in 2011 has made me incredibly grateful for the opportunity I'm now presented with.  I know I won't take this position, or the great people I'll be working with, for granted.  I think these experiences will help me through those rough days when burn out is creeping up on me.

Enough of the bittersweet.  There were also some wonderful moments in 2011:

 As for 2012, other than work, can I have a redo on my resolutions/goals for last year?  My new Kindle should be a fun new tool for reading and sharing books with friends.  We also have another kayaking trip planned with friends for June, and we hope to train for the Seattle to Portland (STP) bike ride in July.  We'll just see what happens with any time we have other than that!

Thanks to everyone for your continual, amazing support.  Here's to a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment