Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dave's Lake Sammamish Triathlon

I'm so proud of my husband.  I haven't gotten myself back on the triathlon (or major athletic events) bandwagon, but Dave is so great about getting himself to the gym, in the pool, and out on his bike to stay in triathlon shape.  I know he wants to train harder, and that's great - still I am already so impressed with his commitment.

My level of support was to successful wake up at 5:35 this morning, hobble to the car, and hang out at Lake Sammamish.  I'm giving myself a few tiny wife points only because I am always exhausted from the week and I hate waking up early (tehehe).  Dave has been preparing himself mentally all week, and carefully organized and packed his supplies last night.  He even ate what I think must have been a truly revolting coffee-flavored gel supplement this morning.  If that's not hard core, well I just don't know what is!

This was an interesting tri - much smaller than most of the ones we've been to, which was nice.  There were a good number of serious competitors, but Dave didn't seem to let them get to him.  In fact, he was the first in his wave to the first buoy on the swim.  He'll probably tell you this was a pacing issue, but I'm still impressed since in the Danskin I just got kicked in the face and tried not to drown.

Here are a few photos of Dave in action:

Check out that awesome new(ish) wetsuit.  Thanks, Uncle David Mark!

Exiting Lake Sammamish

Heading out from the transition area for the bike ride

Coming in to the finish line
In case you are wondering what's next, Dave plans to participate in the Kirkland Triathlon in September.  I'm planning to ask Dana and Brianne if they want to do a relay with me, and since I always forgot, I will type it here - consider yourselves asked if you read this, ladies!

We are also hoping to train for the STP next July, and if that goes well, might think about California Climate Ride one of these years...(Crazy?  Maybe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment