Friday, December 31, 2010

Remembering 2010

I just asked Dave, "Can you believe this is the last day of the year we got married?"  Our mutual response, "No!"  Until recently I wasn't sure my brain could think beyond 2010...I guess it's good I'm catching up!

So much happened this year (in no particular order):
  1. We got hitched! (See some of my favorite wedding photos: ready for the wedding, you may kiss the bride, a moment to celebrate, exhausted and in love - I swear I didn't mean to pick almost all us kissing!)
  2. Several friends had cute babies, including Kaylee, Ethan, Haly, and Kimbre (and Morgan on the way)
  3. Ryan graduated from high school and started at UW
  4. My cousin Karla got engaged to Brian (can't wait for June)
  5. We relaxed on a wonderful honeymoon in Oregon
  6. We enjoyed our bachelor and bachelorette parties, and my shower (thanks to Jonathan, Dana, all of our bridal party, and our other supportive family and friends)
  7. Dave completed his allergy shots and is now immune to bee stings (phew)
  8. I returned to teaching, though I had already started back to school
  9. I reviewed hundreds of admissions files and helped select the 2010 freshman class
  10. I day-of coordinated a wedding, great practice for our own
  11. Dave participated in several triathlons, and discovered he is a true triathlete (see photos from the Kirkland Triathlon)
  12. We managed several fun trips and events, despite our crazy schedules (see January trip to Portland, Sounders game, Wooden Boat Festival, Brinnon, and more)
We're looking forward to a great year in 2011, which will include:
  1. My graduation from UW (again) with an M.Ed.
  2. Our 3rd dating anniversary and 1st wedding anniversary
  3. Matthew graduating from high school, and my other cousin Karla getting married
  4. Me finding a job?!
  5. A weekend trip to Victoria, and hopefully a week-long trip in April (TBD)
  6. Triathlons and biking
  7. Gardening
  8. Several plays, ballets, and symphonies (thank you friends and family)
  9. Time with friends and family, including lots of adorable kiddos, trips to Brinnon, time at the cabin up north
  10. Cooking, crafting, reading, and generally taking more time for ourselves
I think I speak for both of us when I say that we feel truly blessed with all we have.  Thank you, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment