It's been a little overwhelming since coming back from the honeymoon. There's just so much to process, and so much to do before the end of the month (when I start back to school). It didn't help that I came down with the flu for a few days, but now I'm recovered and back to work!
Among the things to accomplish is the name change process. I have a new Social Security card and license, and I've changed my name at school. Dave and I have been visiting banks, and we're starting into insurance. Honestly one of the hardest switches has been my e-mail! Google makes it extremely difficult to switch accounts, as they are all linked in through your e-mail/ID (sorry Google, I've always loved you until this). Just today I changed my voicemail greeting. That was probably the scariest - recording myself saying my new name.
Dave and I have also been adjusting to our new titles. For whatever reason adjusting to saying "fiance" was much easier for us than "husband" and "wife." It seems that I've been getting more practice than Dave, so everyone should help him out by prompting him. :)
We're also working on cleaning up post-wedding. We're so thrilled with the wonderful gifts we received (a post on gifts and thank you notes to come soon). It's been fun to find homes for everything. We're also sorting through the decorations and supplies from the wedding to determine what things we still want, can reuse, or give away.
I'm spending time getting ready for the fall. Starting at the end of the month my schedule will include:
- Working as a Teaching Assistant for the Intro to Environmental Studies class at school (attending 3 lectures a week, teaching 3 lab/discussion sections, offering office hours, attending teaching team meetings, and grading)
- Teaching on Tuesdays at the slough plus select additional programs (a family workshop, haunted hikes, etc.)
- Teaching a seminar on sustainability education (the one I taught in the spring)
- Taking a curriculum course on Monday nights
- Writing a new camp for the slough to teach in December
It's going to be busy.
I'm also looking forward to my little brother starting college, a couple of baby showers, two great book club meetings, continuing my workout class, birthdays, a visit to Craven for pumpkins, new recipes, our fall garden, and of course holidays. (There's so much to be excited about!)
"Husband" and I are having fun, and figuring out married life...together.
No comments:
Post a Comment